I’ve spent almost the whole Wednesday figuring out how to manually upgrade the current wordpress to 3.1 version and install new theme for this blog. Well, for the past 5-6 years that I have been blogging, all that kind of technical works have been done by dear Hubby.
As the result of my experiment I lost many visitors to this blog because I activated a plugin that corrupts the front page..huhu! Unless the visitors are clever enough to click on older posts link, they won’t see any post on the home page..damn!
Fortunately, no serious mistakes have been done (except for the lost of mental energy and precious time) and by the time dear Son took his evening nap, I managed to install the new theme and put the widgets back. I am currently using theme Coraline. The header above has been customized using a picture of Son’s feet painting.
I am now confident to upgrade wordpress for my other blogs. But this time I think I will do it at night so that I won’t lose visitors during day time especially during office hour..haha!