Remember yesterday I wrote about researching more on things like what type of person, what type of blogger bla bla..here is the outcome of my personality (psychology) type.
The basic is there are four types that corresponds to the classic four temperaments : Idealist, Traditionalist, Hedonist and Rationalist. You can take the temperament test to find out your basic type.
I am in the Hedonist type. Here is the description of what people in Hedonist type are like:
Hedonists want to be free, not tied down, confined, or obligated, to do as they wish when they wish, to enjoy today, to be impulsive, to have a life of action which repudiates long term goals, objectives, or plans, to be active just to be active, to do what they feel the urge to do, to experience excitement, to be seen by others as being free to act, as free spirits, to be exciting, optimistic, cheerful, light-hearted, and full of fun.
Checking out further into the Hedonist type, there are 4 types : Self-Confident, Adventurous, Mercurial and Exuberant. After reading through I think I am a Mercurial personality.
These are seven characteristic traits and behaviors of the Mercurial personality style;
1. Romantic attachment. Mercurial individuals must always be deeply involved in a romantic relationship with one person.
2. Intensity. They experience a passionate, focused attachment in all their relationships. Nothing that goes on between them and other people is trivial, nothing taken lightly.
3. Heart. They show what they feel. They are emotionally active and reactive. Mercurial types put their hearts into everything.
4. Unconstraint. They are uninhibited, spontaneous, fun-loving, and undaunted by risk.
5. Activity. Energy marks the Mercurial style. These individuals are lively, creative, busy, and engaging. They show initiative and can stir others to activity.
6. Open mind. They are imaginative and curious, willing to experience and experiment with other cultures, roles, and value systems and to follow new paths.
7. Alternate states. People with Mercurial style are skilled at distancing or distracting themselves from reality when it is painful or harsh.
And these are the top strengths of Mercurial type:
“Creativity [originality, ingenuity]: Thinking of novel and productive ways to conceptualize and do things; includes artistic achievement but is not limited to it”
“Curiosity [interest, novelty-seeking, openness to experience]: Taking an interest in ongoing experience for its own sake; finding subjects and topics fascinating; exploring and discovering”
“Vitality [zest, enthusiasm, vigor, energy]: Approaching life with excitement and energy; Not doing things halfway or halfheartedly; living life as an adventure; feeling alive and activated”
“Love: Valuing close relations with others, in particular those in which sharing and caring are reciprocated; being close to people”
“Kindness [generosity, nurturance, care, compassion, altruistic love, “niceness”]: Doing favors and good deeds for others; helping them; taking care of them
“Hope [optimism, future-mindedness, future orientation]: Expecting the best in the future and working to achieve it; believing that a good future is something that can be brought about”
“Humor [playfulness]: Liking to laugh and tease; bringing smiles to other people; see the light side; making (not necessarily telling) jokes”
Oh the best part is, among the list of careers and jobs people of the Mercurial type tend to enjoy doing is floral designer and teacher…haha!